Best supplements to assist detox
The liver and the bowel are the most important organs to support during detox
- Insitol, Milk Thistle and Choline: are the best nutrients to support the liver during detox.
- Vitamin C: which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that reduces toxins in the liver and body.
- Vitamin E: also helps to reduce toxin levels in the liver and body.
- Zinc: flush toxins from the cells of your body.
- Magnesium: flush toxins from body cells
- Bentonite Clay: binds to toxins so they can be eliminated.
- Pysllium Husks: aids elimination and sweeps the colon clean.
- Niacin: (vitamin B3) explodes fat cells mobilizing toxins ready for elimination.
- Chlorella: for heavy metal detox.
- Probiotics: Helps keep digestive tract free from toxins
- Cascara: Used for centuries as a laxative, hydroanthracene glycosides stimulating peristalsis, and emodin exciting smooth muscle cells in the large intestine.
Niacin As A Detoxifying Agent
Dr Dorine Lam
There are several more methods that can be used for detoxifying yourself from the buildup of toxins in the body, ranging from enemas to fasting and saunas. Within any method that you choose, the use of niacin can accelerate the detoxification process by rupturing the fat cells (lipolysis) that store the toxins, and thereby releasing them for elimination.
Generally, one would start with a low dose of niacin (the plain niacin that causes flushing), 50 milligrams or so depending on the individual’s level of tolerance, and gradually building to a maximum of 500 milligrams. Higher doses have been used for those who are gravely ill from drug use or chemical toxins. The level of tolerance is determined by how intensely (that is, the duration) the flushing persists in the individual.
The toxins that are released from the fat cells by the niacin need to be quickly eliminated from the body, or it may cause serious damage to the liver, kidneys and other organs, including the brain. The elimination step cannot be overstated, as when the toxins are not efficiently and speedily eliminated, the toxins can then enter the brain cells where they become very difficult to remove.
There are two main methods for elimination, either through the skin, which is the body’s largest organ, or through the gastrointestinal tract with the assistance of charcoal for absorption. After ingesting the niacin, the healthy person should begin an exercise regimen that causes sweating, and then enter a sauna to literally sweat it out for 30 to 45 minutes.
- See more at: http://www.drlam.com/blog/niacin-as-a-detoxing-tool-and-sleep-aid/4420/#sthash.c5LPKoAn.dpuf